Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Edin-bra

So, I would like to correct a mistaken title on this blog from seven years ago – Edinburgh isn't pronounced "Edin-burra"; it's even shorter than that, more like "Edin-bra." Oh, Scottish pronunciation. You are never what you seem.

It was quite fun to reread that post from my first (and only previous) time in Edinburgh seven years ago. I remember saying "any city that builds its greatest, most ornate monument to a novelist is okay my book" (the monument to Sir Walter Scott – it's enormous) and many of my impressions remain the same: practically everything in Edinburgh looks like a castle (enough to charm even the most jaded Europe-hopper) and it's a really enjoyable place, full of culture and interesting goings-on. A favorite city of mine, I would say.

Anyway, here are photos from this time around. Click on this link to go to the album:

PICTURES FROM EDINBURGH!

Once again, it's in Google Photos, whose interface I don't love. If you can't see the photo captions (which are the most fun part!) click on the little "i" symbol at the upper right of any picture, and they should show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment