Friday, March 8, 2013

Pisa + Cinque Terre

Also, yes, I saw this!

  That's some lean ya got going on there, eh?

- - - - -

And apropos the constant, at times quite heavy, rain the entire time we've been here:

Today in a cafe I overheard another American telling her friends, "I miss thunder and lightning. I miss that over here. In France, it rains all the time, but it never thunders."

I hear you, sister!

(And I'll see you an it-never-thunders, and raise you an it-rains-all-winter-but-never-snows.)

But the parents are enjoying themselves, and that was the point of this trip. I am too: Cinque Terre is gorgeous even under rain, everybody is friendly, there's pasta and wine and espresso - and I can just never express enough how much I love a good, stormy sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment