Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Packing List (of Wales and Whales)

Dear friends, this is what I'm desperately curious to know:

Who added to my packing list (relevant to know here is that I don't write out a whole new packing list every time I travel, but rather just check myself quickly against whatever lists have hung around from past trips; in this case "California, Sept. 2012"), below such compartively normal travel items such as "hat" and "sunglasses," the following --

"RUBBERNOSE"
"SPY DISGUISE"
"whale (actual whale)"

Clearly it was a friend (someone with access to my life and apartment) and presumably someone here in Berlin (because why would I have taken my packing list along with me to California?)

Even more intriguingly, I must have been aware of these additions at the time, because below them, in my handwriting, I see I've added "TRAVEL PILLOW."

Seriously, who was it?? I have no memory of this happening, so it made for a hilarious surprise when I reached the end of the list just now.

I only wish I had a whale and a spy disguise to take with me to Wales.

1 comment:

  1. Aha! Mystery solved. It was the most obvious suspect, and yet the one person I didn't think of. Don't it always seem to go that way?

    ReplyDelete