Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pictures: Paris


Hello there, back to the present now, to give you a small album of pictures from one-day-and-one-half-day in Paris... I was meeting friends for a weekend in a little town on the sea in Normandy and decided to take the night train between Berlin and Paris, which worked out fabulously. And gave me a day and a half to explore the city, with an emphasis on neighborhoods rather than big sights (I'd been to Paris once before) and on checking out the city's famous Velib bike borrowing system. (Which, incidentally, was the subject of the very first translation I ever did for Spiegel. The bike program is five years old, and so is my tenure as a freelance translator. Wow.)

Here's Paris, a bit gray and rainy, but still fun:

Paris Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment