Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day


Election Day. Well, Election Night by now, over here.

I woke up today already feeling anxious. Even though the polls hadn't even opened yet in the US. (I voted by absentee ballot weeks ago.) I've only grown more anxious as the day has gone on.

Tonight is election-watching at the Democrats Abroad party (state-by-state polling results come in between midnight and 7 a.m. Central European Time, unfortunately).

All over Germany, people are crossing their fingers for Obama. Well, actually they're pressing their thumbs down for him – the German equivalent – but it's the same idea.

I read an article today that outlined how the rest of the world would vote if they could vote in American elections (overwhelmingly Democratic, obviously). There's sure an argument for that, that the rest of the world should somehow get to vote for the president of the United States. After all, it affects all of us.

Sorry, do I sound gloomy enough yet?

I'm anxious.

Let's all press down our thumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment