Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Schreien Hilft


Also, at the concert on Sunday (at Intersoup, in Prenzlauer Berg), I discovered a very interesting sign in the bathroom. Picture-worthy, in fact.

Eric, the drummer, happened to come up behind me just as I had my camera out, and I could see he was about to ask why I was taking pictures in the bathroom, so I explained:

The sign simply reads "Screaming helps."

Then in small print it says, "(At the usual land line rate)." Typical advertisement language, because German companies love to charge you 40 cents a minute to call their "help" lines, and ads always state what rate you'll be charged.

Then at the bottom, tear-off slips with, indeed, a normal Berlin land line number:


Eric urged me to take one of the tear-off slips.

Why don't you take one? I asked.

I don't need to scream, he said.

I don't really either, but I agreed to take the number. Here it is...anyone want to call?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment