Thursday, August 2, 2012

Happy Berlinniversary

Happy Berlinniversary to me!

Yup, I arrived in Berlin precisely five years ago today, with no idea where I would be living after the first couple days, no job, no connections beyond two or three tenuously linked acquaintances. (Still grateful to Rebecca, who'd been traveling around Europe with me for a month that summer, for staying on with me those first few days in Berlin!)

Lately I've been having those small "what am I doing with my life??" crises; sometimes I feel like I'm spinning my wheels. But when I look at where I was five years ago and where I am now, you know, actually it doesn't look that bad.

So, happy fifth anniversary to me and Berlin!

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! It was fun showing up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Happy anniversary! Enjoy the day and the years to come.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary!
    You know, it is mostly when I read YOUR blog that I start wondering ?what am I doing with my life? ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all!!

    And David: What you're doing with your life (at the moment) is living abroad and embarking on your career, of course! Or at least that would be my impression from afar.

    ReplyDelete