Monday, December 5, 2011

Life in Three Thirds

This morning I finally sent out an invitation to my upcoming Chanukah celebration. Just out of curiosity, because I'm always interested in such things, after I sent the e-mail I took a closer look at my guest list, and was delighted to discover that the 18 friends I'd invited distributed perfectly into thirds: 6 Germans, 6 Americans and 6 "other" (British, Irish, French, Israeli, Canadian).

I enjoy that kind of coincidentally symmetry anyway (for example, when I realized there had been exactly 28 people at my 28th birthday party), but this is somehow especially pleasing in the way it makes a little microcosm of my Berlin life, which I think also could roughly be defined as "one-third German, one-third American and one-third other."

No comments:

Post a Comment