Friday, December 23, 2011

Chanukah at My House

Friends at my place celebrating Chanukah. It made me very happy.


The makings of latkes arrived in a bag, courtesy of my friend K.!


And there was a menorah in the window, just like it's supposed to be.


(That, incidentally, is the portable menorah – "portamenorah," I believe my friend Rebecca said – the rabbi's wife gave me at the Chabad House I stumbled across in a tiny mountain village in India last year. They give them out because their whole thing is wanting more Jews to be more Jewish.)


Tonight, my friend Lisa and I skyped with my parents from her kitchen in Mönchengladbach and lit Chanukah candles with them across six timezones.


And here's the wandering portamenorah again, accompanying me as I work here on Lisa's floor, while she wraps last minute Christmas presents for her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment