Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Addendum

It's certainly not my thing to plug companies and corporations of any sort, but I just have to say – Skype is amazing. The difference between talking to someone who's far away and talking to and seeing someone who's far away is beyond description.

My parents are at my aunt's house for Thanksgiving dinner as we speak, and as usual I'm in Berlin and missing out, but this year we made a point of getting on Skype when everyone was there. I got to see my aunt and uncle, and all three of my cousins in the frame at the same time, and my cousin's husband with the new puppy, and their baby! They even put the computer down inside the playpen, so I could see how he's already taking his first steps.

It really felt almost like being there. When we signed off, my aunt said, "Thanks for coming over!" and I said, "Thanks for having me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment