Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Germany Anniversary

Happy Germany Anniversary to me!

Precisely five years ago today, I arrived in Germany, wide-eyed and eager to explore (still am), but expecting to be here for only a year. Ha ha ha, that joke's on me!

That was then:

(While staying with my friend Lisa's family the very first days, before I even had a place of my own to live. Yup, the same Lisa who was my Iceland travel buddy just a few weeks ago.)


Fittingly, the first destination for my next trip (which starts, er, tomorrow already?) is to the wedding of a friend I guess I've known for, let's see, five years minus maybe three or four days – since we met on the first day of orientation, the first week of that Fulbright grant year. After the Fulbright, I moved to Berlin, she moved to Barcelona, and now she's getting married!

More about the upcoming trip anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment