Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'll Even Kiss a Sunset Pig, California I'm Coming Home

California. I like this state so much. I remember that every time I come here.

In lieu of an actual description of my time here, a few quotes:


(Meeting up with Oberlin friends in the Bay Area, talking about the danger of earthquakes here.)
Owen: "I mean, what can you do?"
Me: "Uh, NOT live here??"
Michael, shrugging: "I just keep water and a flashlight under my bed."

(Biking over the Golden Gate Bridge, seeing surfers lounging on their boards in the water below, hoping for a wave.)
Me: "They do look a lot like sea lions, don't they?"
Bill: "Yeah, waiting for someone to throw them a fish."


Also, we biked by San Francisco's baseball stadium, which sits right next to the water, and apparently people come hang out in kayaks to catch the baseballs that come flying over the stadium walls??

No comments:

Post a Comment