Thursday, April 12, 2018

Booky McBookface!

Today was (yet another) pinnacle of my time at Orkney Library & Archive... I got to go out and join the mobile library on its rounds for a whole morning. I've been fascinated by mobile libraries ever since I moved here to Scotland and started hearing so much about them, and it was just fantastic to get to go along and see it all in action – checking books in and out, chatting with the folks who came in to switch out one massive, heavy bag of library books for another. It's a really amazing service that makes sure people all over the islands get access to the library, not just those in the main towns. 

And a very fangirl moment for me, because I adore this snazzy blue bookmobile. 


(Got to hear some *very* Orcadian Scots spoken, too!)

2 comments:

  1. I have just finished reading the book "The bookshop on the corner" - really good read; plus I did think of you. Just in case you are interested: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28372019-the-bookshop-on-the-corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely look that up.

      Delete