Saturday, September 15, 2012

Berlin, September


Berlin, the first days of September, and one of the last days of brilliant sun, though there's already a bit of a chill bite to the air.

Done with work earlier than expected, biking through central Berlin, through the tourists and the fire jugglers. A man with a long white beard playing soulful violin in front of the Alte Nationalgalerie; a young (German) couple in wedding dress and full Scottish kilt, running hand in hand past the colonnade of the museum for their photographer.

My friend David (from southern Germany, now lives in Switzerland) was visiting, and told me he was impressed with the quality of the music in Berlin, that even just the buskers on the street were consistently impressive. I also took him and his girlfriend Luisa to a concert of some of these Berlin singer-songwriters I've been discovering lately, so they could see a little bit of my Berlin life, and the music events I'm always writing and talking about.

I do realize this has become a bit of a music-and-Berlin blog lately rather than a travel-and-Berlin blog, but perhaps that will change soon... I have one or two travels lined up again after my thankfully restful just-Berlin-not-traveling summer!

First of all:


View California in a larger map

Two weeks in September to see friends and family – including my cousin's wedding – starting early tomorrow morning!

2 comments:

  1. Why limit what your blog should be about - write whatever you think to write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Moon! Nice to hear from you :-) It's just that I myself periodically get confused as to what I'm actually trying to do with this blog... but feedback from friends always helps!

      Delete