Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Next Big Adventure

This is so crazy: I'm going on a trip to India in less than two weeks, and I haven't even mentioned that here yet.

Folks, I'm going to India!!!

I'm excited, nervous, terrified, overwhelmed, all of that. I'm not even sure if I can handle India. Which is exactly why I feel like I need to try.

I've been spinning my wheels here for a while, feeling a need to do something big and exciting and really alive, but not having the energy to get it together. Feeling a desire to travel again, but not sure quite how to start. So I'm just simply making myself do it. (It did help to have a friend currently living in India for four months, making it a now-or-never sort of opportunity.)

I'll be in India for about three weeks; first I'll be visiting my friend, who's doing a medical internship in Vellore, Tamil Nadu. Then we (possibly with her boyfriend too) will travel somewhere together for a couple days. After that... it's wide open. And I'll be on my own completely - no friends, no group, no travel partner. I'm planning to stay in the south (not to rush around the country trying to see "everything") but beyond that I don't even have much of a plan - and I think I like it that way. I'm just going to arrive and see where things take me.

I'm going to India!

No comments:

Post a Comment