Thursday, September 4, 2014

Photos from Reykjavík

Pictures from the last part of my trip, including:

Delightfully managing to cross paths with German friends passing through Reykjavík, even though we hadn't managed to be in touch beforehand to make a plan (yes – it's the kind of town where you can just go downtown and expect to find the person you're looking for sooner or later); staying with my wonderful friends Arndís and Koosha (who I first met at the Rauðasandur Festival), who invited me into their home and told me to stay as long as I liked; more wonderful concerts of my favorite musicians; getting to be friends with my favorite musicians; Reykjavík's wonderful Gay Pride; hiking on the Snæfellsnes peninsula; hiking Mount Esja, Reykjavík's neighboring mountain; lots of cats; and Culture Night, another of Reykjavík's biggest festivals, which fittingly ended up being my last night in town. So many wonderful days and memories – I've tried to catch a little slice of them here:

ÍSLAND: Return to Reykjavík

No comments:

Post a Comment