Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Eis!

Ha. I'm now part of a freelancers' shared office space (working from a desk that's not within the physical confines of my own apartment = good for my sanity) and since we're among the few people in the building who are around during the day - the rest of the building is a residential - the mail and package delivery folks tend to knock here often, asking us to accept packages for the neighbors.

Just now an earnest young guy came by from next door to pick up a package of his we were holding and then told me, "And I'll also give you some coupons."

Coupons? I don't want coupons. People are always trying to force their way into apartment buildings here, so they can leave advertisements in your mailbox, and I don't want any more coupons!

Then, as he handed them over, I saw they were coupons for...the new ice cream place that's just getting set up next door. "We open on Thursday," the guy told me. "How many people are in your office? I'll give you each a three-euro coupon to start with."

Oh... Okay, yes, it turns out I do want coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment