Friday, January 11, 2013

Sahel Calling: Documentary Teaser

And my friends just keep creating beautiful things.

I wrote recently about my friend Kap's brainchild, a documentary film about the situation in Mali and the musician there who are speaking out in defense of human rights, despite the risks. (Here's what I about the project last month, or go straight to the project's official site.)

Kap and some of the film team are already in Dakar, Senegal, hard at work on the project. They just released the teaser for the film – and it's beautiful. Really, I expected it to be interesting, and important, but I didn't realize it would be gorgeous as well.

You can check out the teaser here, and if it inspires you, spread the word. The project is currently in high-gear fundraising mode, in order to be able to get the rest of the crew to West Africa and working by February, and every bit of spreading the word helps.

But don't feel obligated to do any of that – you can also just watch the teaser because it's a lovely thing:


No comments:

Post a Comment