Friday, December 31, 2010

These Last Six Weeks

I realized last night (while making my slow, tortuous way back to Berlin, through various train mess-ups and delays) that I've traveled about four weeks out of the last six. More specifically, I guess it was 32 days out of 45 - which makes a bit more than 2/3. It's been crazy and great.

I was also working this last week, while I was visiting friends and then in Belgium - it actually worked out well, to travel and translate at the same time.

I just did the calculations, and I actually even managed to earn more money this week than I spent - not a huge amount more, and it's not taking into account the fact that while I travel, I'm also still paying for my apartment and other running costs back in Berlin - but considering that travel is usually 100% spending and no earning, it doesn't seem too bad.

Maybe there's a future for me as a roving freelancer?

No comments:

Post a Comment